Helpful Money-Saving and Safety Tips for Furniture Shipping
Shipping furniture from one location to another can be a daunting and complicated process. The many steps taken to ensure quality of the item upon arrival mostly depends on the customer and the company they choose to ship their furniture. Taking extra steps to ensure you’re submitting accurate information as well as properly preparing your furniture for shipping will have a direct correlation to the quality of the ship and can go a long way to insuring your items arrive safely. Careful selection of the shipping organization will also affect the furniture shipping process.
The Risk of Estimating the Weight and Dimensions
Knowing the proper weight and dimensions is extremely important. Estimating the weight or not investigating the proper dimensions of the furniture being shipped can result in additional costs and overall headache. Use a certified scale to weigh your items, or ask the manufacturer for documents showing correct weight and dimensions. Also, remember total shipping weight must include all packaging. Using the correct dimensions and weight of the piece of furniture will always save you time and money.
Preparing your Furniture for Shipping
Properly preparing your furniture for shipping is the most crucial step. The overall outcome of a successful quality ship would depend on the packaging and preparation of the furniture. Using a quality furniture shipping service is also a good practice for reliable service and lowered cost. FreightCenter is one company that can help to establish a means of furniture shipping, with fast and free quotes, low costs and friendly service. Here are some tips to help ensure your furniture remains safe and intact during shipping:
• Always use a strong and sturdy box.
• Many tables, stands, and desks have removable legs. Removing the legs protects the items during the ship.
• Generously using bubble wrap and other protective films is another good measure of safety.
• Cushions, blankets, and pillows also add the beneficial support in the furniture shipping process.
• Label all furniture individually with the address of the destination.
• Using original manufactures boxes for your electronics is the best way to ensure a successful ship.
• The usage of straps when moving heavy items is a must for shipping and safety.
• When shipping a couch, make sure to remove all covers and cushions and wrap them separately.
• Shaking the boxes will tell you if you need any additional padding.
• Using a proper plastic wrap will help to maintain proper cushion placement and box size.
• Ask about purchasing additional insurance on the furniture being shipped
• Fragile and expensive items of high or personal value should be extended to the White Glove service.
• Always use a licensed, bonded, and insured shipper. Check details with your booking agent.